Saturday 18 April 2015

Optimism


Optimism means positivity. Optimism means good vibes in and around. It means hoping for a good future. Optimism is the way of life, one gets a way to hope. With hope there comes a will to do certain things. It is very important that one lives life in a positive manner because positivity is like a fragrance of a flower which spreads across and delights one and all. It spreads across not just to our lives but also across to people who are connected to our lives and surrounding us. Thus I can say that positivity is a crucial element of life.

Let me now share with you one such example of positivity or optimism that I came across which totally stunned me. This incident is of the time when I was in school where exams were always a time of great pressure and this around we had our board exams. Which meant that there was stress and worry all over. We all wanted to perform our best and give our 100% best as this would carve out our future. Not just me but all my friends too were worried and so were our families.
With already so much pressure of the board examinations what happened next was pitiful. My best friend- Aditi’s mother happened to call me two days before our first exam only to inform me that Aditi has met with an accident and has got her hand fractured. I was shocked. I couldn't understand how I could help my best friend. I thought she wouldn't be able to give her exam and would get a year drop. I didn't want this to happen but then there was nothing, absolutely nothing that I could do about this to make her feel all right.

But to my wonder, my friend was not the type to let it go. She did not lose hope. She did not give up. She said that she would on urgent basis write an application to the board and ask for a scribe writer who on her behalf would write the paper for her. She would be telling the scribe what is to be written and he would just follow. This would ensure that she passes out normally like any of us would.

This is true optimism. Everybody faces problems in life and everybody comes across obstacles but true optimism is about not giving up. It is about making things okay. It is about trying to better things for your own self and for your won good because not always do we have good days. There are bad times and bad days too but what is important is to be positive and keep our calm during those days. It is our positive attitude that has the power of changing things. Had my friend given up she would not have been able to appear for the exams but she did not do that, she instead tried till she succeeded. This is the power of true optimism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment