Monday 13 April 2015

Adult ha?


I wonder why 18 even counts as teenage. Okay I know that it’s EighTEEN and that’s why teenage but I think we are now mature enough to be called adults.
I have heard and seen people getting offended on being called a kid at eighteen. I wonder why? You won’t believe I once called my eighteen year old cousin brother boy, he said I am a man now and I was like all right man.
Well that’s not the case with girls, right girls? We hate to be called women, it’s too early to be calling us that. I don’t like it, not sure about the others. Remember the disclaimer?
So yes, when we are eighteen we are big enough to be doing a lot of things. We must go get ourselves a driving license, update all accounts from minor to major, go vote and go clubbing too. Now legally :P
We are big enough to make our career choices and other vital decisions but at the same time we must remember that we are still the same child who grew up with all the love and care of their family. It is important that we keep them in mind in every decision we take for ourselves. And this is where I think most of us go wrong. It’s the sudden freedom that we cannot deal with rightly. It’s this sudden freedom that gets into the head and makes us take hasty decisions. Be calm and be wise and take this advice from a 19 year old.


No comments:

Post a Comment